Location: Near Cloghans cemetery, Kilbelfad parish, 5 miles SW of Ballina
Map: 54.06486 N, 9.214666 W
Number of headstones: 40+ legible headstones
Date range: 1746 to 1981 (observed)
Recorded: all legible headstones photographed April 2011
The old font inside the partially restored church ruins.
This very old graveyard is situated in Glebe townland, Kilbelfad parish, County Mayo on the south side of Cloghans cemetery and close to the east shore of Lough Conn. The newly erected sign states that the partially restored old church dates back to about 1200 AD. On the 1838 Ordnance survey map, the church is labelled "Templeancloghan church (in ruins)". Only a few graves have legible headstones and most seem to have no markers at all.
- To view a photo of the headstone, click on any name below.
- To return to this list, click the "Back" arrow at the top-left of the browser window.
- To search this page select "Edit, Find..." from the menu at the top-left of this browser window.
- To search this complete web-site, click the Search menu at the top right of this page
Copyright notice: You are welcome to download any information or images from this website for personal use. Private individuals and
non-profit organizations may re-publish any images and original material from this website provided the purpose is not-for-profit and
due acknowledgement is given e.g. "Reproduced courtesy of www.GoldenLangan.com". Commercial organizations may not publish
or reproduce information or images from this website without written permission. Anyone is welcome to link to pages on this website.
While every effort is made to ensure accuracy of the information presented, no liability is accepted for any errors or omissions.